Monday, April 3, 2023

It's Really Happening....update Hit a "Speedbump"

I know, its been awhile since my last post....well its not been easy living up here. Had to get past the Holidays and with all the Kids close by that took a while. Then there was the snow shoveling, oh and more snow shoveling, buying   winter clothes and gaining bunches of weight from eating bunches of stew, pot roast and chilli! :) Then came the rain,wind, flooding and tornado scares. This has been a weekly occurrence since sometime in January. In-between those events we've had numerous Doctors appointments, dental appointments, home repair/replacement appointments along with trips to San Antonio, Florida and Kansas City, and roaming around the State........

Bottom line, We are Blessed and enjoying life to the fullest!
...and now for the "Yippie-ki-Ya" moment. Tomorrow(Monday 3 April) I am pointing the truck   270 degrees and getting on I-44 until Oklahoma City at which time I will get on I-40 until I reach California, then head north until Lone Pine and which time I will fulfill a dream of spending time in Alabama Hills and other assortment places in the vicinity to include Death Valley(if it isn't too hot yet)! It will be a mad dash to Lone Pine...planning on only taking 3 days and then spend several days in the area followed by a slow meandering trip back to the Missouri Homestead. probably will be around 3 weeks or so. Not the two or three months trips of the past, but a awesome trip to an area I've not been at, and a new camping/traveling platform. Life is good.
UPDATE!!!!....Not so fast....have been watching the weather and another severe storm is moving into our area Tuesday afternoon, evening and night. Again the threat is wind , thunderstorms, maybe hail and chance of tornadoes.   I'm not leaving the Bride alone in this type of weather. That's why I didn't leave last week, due to the potential of severe outbreak of rain, flooding, hail and  tornadoes. I've been trying to get to Alabama Hills for years, so another couple days won't end the World.... I'm now looking at this coming Wednesday or Thursday...and I'm not unloading the truck!  :))

 

Update to follow! Horst sends

A Western sunrise of the past......Looking forward to a new one!!

2 comments:

  1. Hot diggidy dog. Looking forward to some fantastic photos. I've seen a few pictures of a super bloom in parts of Death Valley. Wishing you safe travels when you are able yo get on the road...jc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've finished my second day. Feels good to be out. Can't wait to get there, take some photos,go on some hikes and sit back and watch some sunsets. Take care my Friend. Horst sends

      Delete