Sunday, February 11, 2024

Camping along RT66

 A new year is upon us....its that time of year when most of the "Blogging Family" is heading or at Quartzsite.....and also time to make sure we have ready a supply of pulled pork, brats, chicken wings chips, dip and an assortment of beverages as it is Superbowl weekend.  



                                                            

Trying to find Sasquatch and a camping spot 

 

 
  



 

The weather here has been up and down but then it is winter. I have had the good fortune of going on several 2/3 day camping trips mainly into the Ozark National Forest in Arkansas. I'm finding a lot of camping opportunities on lakes and along river banks with  some great views.







Another journey I'm going on is exploring Old Rt 66. Some are  day trips, other's are overnight outings. What surprised me is that the "Route 66" name was founded and approved in Springfield, Missouri which is basically where I now live...  26 April 1926  a telegram was sent from the Colonial Hotel in Springfield to The Secretary of Agriculture in DC stating all parties accept  "66" ....and as they say the rest is history. I'll include more tidbits as this adventure continues. 




  



 

                                                                                                                   

                                                                                                       



                                                                                                                       



                 




                                        













 

...and 'till next time somewhere along "66"...Happy Trails. Horst sends



...and another sunset somewhere in this great Country


2 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you. Great photos, as usual. Who would have dreamed 15 years ago, that we would be taking some fantastic photos with the cell phone in our hand. Looking forward to your next post...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its amazing the quality of the photos from phones. The Motorola I have wasn't advertised as having great photo capability but it does the job for me. I do still use my other cameras...though it seems like I'm doing quite a bit of "Gun an Run" photography.
      Hope all is well with you and Wanda. I'm still exploring the Tri-state area 2 or 3 times a month for 1 to 4 nights.
      Take care my Friend! Horst sends

      Delete