Tuesday, December 17, 2019

A Great Trip.......

I've been home nearly a week...hit the ground running getting all the pre-Christmas stuff done. Plus it seems I have all my semi-annual medical appointments right before the new year.
(c)2019HorstKelly Photographer

Got home just in time as the weather has taken a dive and arctic air with 25 mph winds can get a little hairy. I am glad I took the trip. First, I got to check out all the recent  Casita work and everything was functioning perfect. Second, I wanted to try some thing new...Instead of photography being the primary focus, I though I'd concentrate on exploring,  camp cooking and downtime, another way of saying "doing absolutely nothing"  ....It worked, I think I've come up with a new "Strategic Plan". haha.
Cooking with my Dutch Oven lid...my take on a skottle


Flat iron steak with garlic/herb butter

I also think that with needing to stay closer to the home front, I'm going to regroup and take trips that will put me no further out than a day and a half or so from home.....and I'll take a week to ten day trips once every 6 weeks or so..There are still some places I want to go to: Alabama Hills, Tetons and Bluff area...but instead of 2+ months, I will try to only be out 3 or less weeks. We'll see how that all pans out.

This year seems to have flown by and we haven't made any real progress towards a decision to finding a new location/home ....We have had a garage sale, cleaned stuff out of the attic, closets, donated stuff to various organizations, etc but that's about the extent of our effort to selling and moving...We'll see how we progress in the new year.
(c)2019HorstKelly Photographer

Hope The Blogging family is getting settled into the Christmas spirit and is coming to a close on a positive note...Take care my friends...only one more week till Christmas Eve...Horst sends


2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good, enjoyable trip. The food looks wonderful, but the sunsets are my favorite. Clearing out stuff is always hard for us, also. Though we have no moving plans, we are trying to maybe make things lighter for our kids one day. Wishing you and the missus a Merry Christmas and a wonderful New Year. May it bring you many new destinations to explore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing better than sitting on the shore of a lake watching the sunset!! Sorry to hear about Wanda's upcoming surgery and your continuing pinched nerve...Wishing you, Wanda and family a Merry Christmas and may the New Year bring Good Health and much joy...along with seeing new sunrises and sunsets! Take care my Friend..Horst sends

      Delete