Monday, February 25, 2019

One Happy Camper....Vintage 2019

Me and My Buddy...the Casita...Tetons in the Fall
The day has arrived.....all systems are go...only open item is a set of new tires and I'm getting those put on as I begin my adventure.   Don't know where I'm going to land the first night. Somewhere between Del Rio and Langtry Texas... and then on to  Big Bend...I've got four primitive campsites picked, so we'll see whats available....and doable considering washouts and other hazards of the back country.

I am looking forward to this trip, not so much for photo-ops, but more so for "relaxing-ops"...if a photo happens to present itself, so be it....but its not going to get in the way having a "cowboy breakfast" or an afternoon nap......or spending an evening watching a shooting star while sipping some Makers Mark.....Yup, that's what this trip is about... no agenda, no decisions and definitely no expectations!

I'll keep this short as I still have a few things left to do ......I'll post when the mood strikes and if/when I have internet coverage ....Take care...Happy trails....Horst sends


I always enjoy listening to Guy Clark



4 comments:

  1. Wishing you a great outing. May the weather gods have good things in store for you. Savor your cowboy breakfasts and sipping that whiskey. And always remember to "Trust your Cape"....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jerry. I'm beded down in Del Rio at National Refuge for a couple bucks. No electic, but solar is in high gear, great weather....life is better than great..and I am trusting the cape. Take care buddy. Horst sends

    ReplyDelete
  3. Horst, hope you had a wonderful outing at Big Bend and got a lot of relaxing time in and some good cowboy breakfasts.
    Sorry to have been so long in posting...we have had a lot of medical issues on our plate. I will be having surgery on May 6 for cervical stenosis. That has created a lot of pain and loss of strength in my arms.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great outing, met a couple of Casita couples...had a mini rally. :)) Sorry to hear about the medical issues, but happy to hear its moving in the right direction and that you Guys are starting to travel a bit! take care of yourselves...thoughts and prayers going your way for a speedy recovery...Horst sends

      Delete