Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Trip Recap.....Happy Thanksgiving

I just arrived back home...just in time to celebrate Thanksgiving.
(c)2017Horst Kelly Photographer
What a wonderful  and relaxing time I had the past 10 days or so..photography became secondary, hiking the trails and experiencing the magnificent sights and sounds of  B A Steinhagen Resevoir   was my main priority . It was a serene experience...and one I hope to return to.  The two camping grounds where totally different ..one was mainly in a "Slough" while Sandy Creek(CoE) was on the open Lake.  Enjoyed both immensely...Martin Dies State park was empty in the section I was in for the entire week...just the Vol Host...however  I was told that on the weekend it was be filled to capacity. I left Friday for Sandy Creek and stayed there until Monday... My spot was site 23 right on the "stickout" area...no neighbors to my left, just water and Cyprus Trees and a site on my right, but down a ways...noone in that site until Sunday evening ....
(c)2017Horst Kelly Photographer

Though not my usual two plus months to the West, I did enjoy this trip and the location was just "what the Doctor ordered" ...For me I think Spring and Fall are probably the best times to be there...they do have birding activities...lots of canoes and kayaks, which you can also rent..I didn't go, as I forgot to bring my waterproof packs for the camera gear. There will be a next time.

Before I close out this post, I want to give a Congratulations to Jerry and Wanda of Eggrolling Blog... Their Granddaughter just got married...and what a great Tribute Jerry did...Check it out by clicking  EggRolling
(c)2017Horst Kelly photographer

I wish all of you  a very Happy Thanksgiving...and may this holiday week bring lots of Peace, Love and Joy with Friends and Family...and don't forget to invite a "Turkey"...Horst sends

Remember our troops that are not able to be with Family this year...

Image result for soldier having thanksgiving in the field


4 comments:

  1. Horst, you pictures are magnificent, I think I like the swampy one the most. Your campground scenery gave a very serene setting, and I can only imagine how nice it was to be there. Sometimes...maybe most of the time that is the best medicine out there.
    Glad you enjoyed your trip and we wish a Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you. It was fun trying to capture the "swamp" and it was a good place to get your "second wind"...plus I was fortunate to meet some great folks and share a glass a wine and a geat beer on several evenings...terrific trip...Hope your Thanksgiving went well and was relaxing! Horst sends

      Delete
  2. Glad you had a good time in the Piney woods. You know I'm partial to sunsets, so figure you know my favorite photo. Hope you had a great Thanksgiving. We've had a wonderful week, and now plan for a week of rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did enjoy my trip...met some great folks, shared a bottle of wine or two....even met a couple of Casita owners.. Had a nice Thanksgiving...Appears you Guys have been busy, but a "nice" busy. enjoyed the post on your Granddaughter and the marriage. hope you didn't mind me mentioning it in this post. Take care and safe travels..Horst sends

      Delete