Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Maintenance and Logistics Day...

4 Sept and the weather is hot...by 0700 it was raising to almost 80 degrees...at least at my location....decided to go to Arches a capture a shot I have always wanted to get...but when I couldn't find how to  get to the back of one of the windows arches....after what seemed like an hour I gave up..took some other photo's...and headed back into town...
Canyonlands...Horst Kelly Photographer

I have been having a slow leak in one of my tires and decided today was the day to get it fixed...mission accomplished....second was a problem with my tongue jack..it has been getting increasingly more difficult to raise and lower it...when I unhitched her, I noticed "bb" sized ballbearings dropping out of it....I found a  place that had a plate mounted manual jack...will try and get it on prior to leaving tomorrow...should be fun for spectators..as I have been called Tim Allen(Tool Time fame) more then once....
Not much else has been happening...sort of a wind down time...Rob Rupp and I are keeping in touch...he just left Glacier and is also heading south...since I have very slow internet, I haven't kept up with my favorite Blogs...have no idea where Jerry and Wanda are..or the orther folks I follow...tomorrow I plan on getting to Gallup NM and staying at a commerical CG...hopefully some better wi-fi capability...or maybe not..and just call it a day at Monument Valley or Mexican Hat...we'll see....
Tetons...a lot of haze....Horst Kelly photographer  

Tonight I plan on pan frying some trout, a salad...and maybe, just maybe a glass of wine....until tomorrow..happy Trails and Safe Travels...Good Night John Boy.......Horst sends


No comments:

Post a Comment