Monday, July 22, 2013

The Alamo and More

It is now Monday...my wakeup call came about 0530, the Mockingbird at our bedroom window was in a very happy mood....when my Mockingbird is happy , I am happy...
Future photographers

By 0615 I was outside starting my walk... 6 and 1/2 miles later I was back home, the kids where up...Omi had fixed the Boys  breakfast.....I took a shower..had some breakfast and about 0900 we took off for their first Texas Adventure...The Alamo, Boat Ride on the River Walk...avoid the "trinket" shops...maybe a ice cream and other stuff...

Got to the Alamo 'bout 1000 hours...it was already over flowing with tourists...and now they have added the "Disney Land" stuff..take your picture that you can get later, etc...I haven't been there in about 4 years and the commercialization that has taken over,  takes away from the meaning of what the Alamo represents to the history of Texas and the United States ....having said that the Boys enjoyed the various displays inside...they asked numerous questions...and as luck would have it, I was able to answer all of them...Bottom line the Alamo was a "Hit"....for those that haven't been there, no photos ops inside...and please take your hat off...

Next was floating down the River at the "River Walk"....its about a 45 minute ride that takes the entire Riverwalk area...I think the Gboys enjoyed this the most...it was a great way to learn the history of the City....Kids took a bunch of photo's....

 



Next was a ice cream break....one had Chocolate cone...the other a dough something ice cream...then it was off to the "Side Show" of Guinness World records....another half hour of "wow...I didn't know that"...by the time we where finished it was getting hot and they where ready to go back to the Homestead...and relax and play some games....the afternoon  and early evening where down time and relaxation..a debate and the Skype...somewhere in there was chicken strips and sides...home made..and now its Dreamland time...tomorrow is not planned yet...we'll surprise ourselves...till then...safe Journey's to all...Horst sends

3 comments:

  1. Glad you enjoyed the Riverwalk. I was part of the design team that did an expansion on the Riverwalk many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's really amazing...so what was your specific involvement...I'd be interested in learning more...Appears you're having a GREAT time with your Grandson...first birthday and all...take care...Horst

      Delete
    2. I was one of the mechanical designers doing the detail work of the infrastructure.

      Delete