Sunday, December 9, 2012

Big Bend…Endless Adventures

 

 

So this morning I woke up at 0430….couldn’t seem to go back for another forty winks …got up, made some coffee…got online and before you know it …I could see a little light…got cleaned up and went out side to get a photo of those magnificent Seminole Canyon sunrises…but it was not to be…a  cloud cover from horizon to horizon set over the Canyon…so I decided to hitch up….about ready to take a second helping of java when Barney came to the site….he was also about ready to start the convoy south to Big Bend…

DSC_0397

The Convoy

We left a little after 0800…He took the point and we where on our way to a new adventure…stopped at Langtry..couldn’t find Judge Roy Bean so continued west on US 90…stopped for lunch at a roadside picnic area, ….and continued our adventure…reached the ranger station early afternoon got a boondocking site at Hannold Draw and a half hour later..where in place…originally we were going to stay for two nights, I now need to get someplace with wifi…so I'll leave tomorrow to be close to internet access…hopefully Barney and I will share another campsite  before I head home…I have enjoyed his knowledge , wisdom, and friendship….

DSC_0403

Our hike…

after we got set up we went for a little exploring back up north…found some interesting stuff…Barney took some photo’s and will tell the rest of the story….but it was a great time…and then off to the Basin Lodge for Dinner…we both enjoyed our  grub..and by the time we left it was pitch black…dark….high beams didn’t help…but we made it back…called it a night…called my bride and now I’m ready to call it a day…but what a grand day it was……..until tomorrow..Horst sends

DSC_0415

Dinner photo..out the Lodge window…say goodnight Barney

1 comment:

  1. Love your destination and narratives, plus the photography especially! Looks like such a wonderful place!!

    ReplyDelete