Monday, April 2, 2012

T-minus 12...More or Less

 The day has arrived......I didn't realize how much Stuff I had left to do today.....Grocery shopping; Wally World for "stuff";....Camping World for more "stuff"; fill propane tanks; check tire pressure; wash camper; and pack....for some reason on this trip I decided to do a lot of  Chinese....I bought a wok for camping...don't ask me why....me cooking on a wok WILL be a Kodak Moment , Ha........so stick around for my Daily menu...

Horst Kelly Photographer


Plan on leaving about 0830 in the morning...get on US 281 North until Burnet then go West on Tx 29 and north on County Rd. 261 to Buchanan Dam...Thought I would try Beachcomber Park...About 130 mile trip...Its a Passport America Campground....$15.00 per day....I plan on staying for a week...doing the Bluebonnet Trails/Loop...also do some Eagle viewing/photo's....then keep heading north on 281 to  Wichita Wildlife Refuge west of Lawton Oklahoma....and spend another week exploring the area..Hopefully the weather will hold up....its Oklahoma and its Spring so anything can happen.....though tomorrow is suppose to be the only day for rain for the next 10 days.....


Horst Kelly Photographer
New Camera, two new Lens(Nikon VR lens) and a smile on my face......I'm a happy camper...pun intended.... Also going to try my hand at fishing after reading Jerry's Blog ....saw where Jerry from Egg Rolling Blog is is catching some record Bass...I'm guessing they are Bass...if you haven't checked his Blog, you should...a Great Couple and having a Great time with their camping expeditions......I'll close for now...still need to do some last minute "stuff".....if any one has any suggestions as to things to do and or see please let me know.....Thanks for stopping by.....until tomorrow...Horst sends

No comments:

Post a Comment