Sunday, March 25, 2018

Update.....

...Its March, I haven't gone on any trips...I thought I would be able to put a trip together to venture to the Alabama Hills, Ca. in Jan/Feb, but that didn't work out...Thought maybe a short trip to the Monahan Sand Dunes in West Texas....Nope, didn't happen, neither did Big Bend or a trip to the Coast....of course there are good reasons for not going.......
(c)2017Horst Kelly Photographer

I may still be able to take a short trip north to get some time with the Bluebonnets, then a planned non camping trip to Florida and South Carolina.....Time will tell
(c)2017Horst Kelly Photographer

The problem when I have idle time is I get on Ebay, just to see what people are selling, never to buy. Ha... As much fortitude and self- restraint I have,at the end of the day I bought stuff....yup, camera stuff. I did sell my medium format camera on Craig's list...someone drove down from Ft Worth to buy the camera and lens...first day I listed it....now I have no guilt feelings about buying stuff on Ebay.  :))
Wista 45 large format film camera ..Horst Kelly photographer

I decided to buy a large format camera and stuff that you need to get to go with it...I've always been interested in that medium, but never had the patience, but I though I'd give it a try...the appealing feature about this camera is that I can get various backs and also use a roll film slider....its like still having a medium format, plus the 4x5 and all the neat stuff you can do with this platform. I went out and tested it the other day to back sure it was light tight and everything worked....it is 50 years or so old....all worked fine, I was able to scan two negatives and stich them together...mega pixels...yup this is what happens you have bad weather, no honey do lists and way to much idle time....
(c)2017Horst Kelly photographer



I do need to do some work on the Casita...would like to redo the Battery bank, and get two 6 volt batteries, plus I found a stand to fit over the propane tanks at Etrailer...which is where I would like to relocate the generator and use the back platform for the Battery bank. Need to do some more research on weight distribution, etc...
Dimensions
Fits on Tongue over Propane tanks....Photo by Etrailer
Other than  a few odds and ends, not much has been happening at this end...I have been keeping up with my Blog reading and getting envious of all the terrific places folks are going...I figure my turn is coming soon!
(c)2017HorstKelly Photographer

Until the next time keep following your Dreams and catching a sunrise or three.  Horst sends
(c)2017HorstKelly Photographer

6 comments:

  1. Horst, glad you bit the bullet on the camera, you will have fun playing with it and getting some good pics. It sure is an old camera and working good.
    Hey, your time for a good outing is coming, and when it gets there, you will truly enjoy!!
    Take care my friend...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to learning how to use the camera...wanted something that would make me exercise my brain that seems to be relaxing a little too much lately. :)) hope all is well with you Guys..Take care and thanks for stopping by. Horst sends

      Delete
  2. Great to hear from you. Awesome photos as usual. Like the looks of that camera, though I wouldn't have a clue as how to use it. The Alabama Hills! Our planned first destination for January, 2019. Maybe you could join us there for fun, fellowship, and a Moose Drool.....jc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and I don't have a clue how it works...have a check list that would rival a pilots pre-flight list. :)) I would truly enjoy meeting up with you Guys....though I don't do long lane planning any longer...I don't even buy "GREEN Bananas" I consider that long range planning.... :)) maybe we could also do Death Valley...should be cool enough...I now have something to get me motivated..as you said, fun, fellowship, Moose Drool...and a flatiron steak! Safe travels my Friend...Horst sends

      Delete
  3. Enjoying your photos, as always. The trips will come at the right time....keep having fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Lynne...I'm thinking patience is not one of my "strong suits".. :)) Hope all is going well with you and David!! I'm sure your "new camper" has added a lot of joy and fun to your adventures...Safe Travels...Horst sends

      Delete