Sunday, November 12, 2017

Somewhere Between Peace and Tranquity

Its Sunday the 12th of November and I was determined to launch to Martin Dies St. Pk...I was so ready that my entire list of stuff was done Friday afternoon.  It gave me time to relax...and get antsy. This morning I got up at 0500, got all my personal stuff done, finished the little bit of hitching that was left, made coffee..chatted with the Bride...At 0600 we said out goodbyes(Hugs and kisses) and I was looking for the interstate. The drive was pretty boring..and Houston is Houston..arrived at the campground around one pm and they informed me check in was not until two...since I had a reservation I looked at the block of sites in my designated section, found one on the water and they allowed me to check in.... By 3pm the place was empty at least where I am...Ah, the solitude is deafening. :)) I called the bride then drove around to get the lay of the land.
(c)2017 Horst Kelly Photographer blurry do to little wind

I am staying at this campground until Friday and then meander over to Sandy Creek, which is a CoE CG and only a few minutes from here. That's my plan, whether I execute the plan depends on the weather and that all is well on the Home-front!
(c)2017Horst Kelly Photographer

Its only 620pm but pitch black outside...no human activity...only crickets and a few "gators". To lazy to grill, had leftover chicken I had brought with me.  Life is better than good. Let me see if I can download a couple photo's I took..Verizon has great cell coverage and I am tethering my phone to the computer...I think its going to work pretty well...until next time....and please don't wake me up from this dream.  haha.. Happy Trails Folks.  Horst sends

2 comments:

  1. So glad you're out in your Casita.:) Your pics are really good, I especially like the reflection one. It is so reflected, it was hard to see where the water line starts. We used to say on Sunday that the hoover vacuum comes in and sucks all the campers out.
    Tak care and have a fantastic time out Horst.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its been a very relaxing time...don't have the fall foliage like you guys, but I am enjoying the scenery and down time. I like the "Hoover" line...it sure has done its job here...only the Host in this section of the campground....will other than the "Gator" Thanks for stopping by...I am enjoying riding along on your Journey(in the back seat)....Horst sends

      Delete