Sunday, October 2, 2016

Enjoying America....One Mile at a Time

Its now 1 Oct…..I did not go to either the North Rim or Bryce…stayed around Marble Canyon waiting  for some half way decent  weather..and the day I hitched up I still had hopes…one of the folks camping across stopped by and he was told there where no sites available..Mmmmm well decision time…
Vermillion Cliffs Sunrise(c)2016HorstKelly Photography

I decided to venture North…Made it to Sand Island and got a nice site…will stay here through the weekend and then head to Canyonlands and do/see some stuff I have not done before in that area….This morning I ventured up to Devils Canyon…did not realize they had a campground there…two loops, no elect…but looks promising.also went to Recapture Reservoir…and messed around looking for some Fall Foliage..not yet…

This evening I may drive towards Monument Valley for some evening shots and maybe read up on and hope to shoot the milky way…it was a terrific night sky last night…and numerous falling stars…I slept well!.
Abajo Mtns(c)2016Horst Kelly Photography

All systems are working perfectly…my solar combined with the new Converter and my MPPT controller is satisfying all my energy needs…I have had to crank up the genny only once and that was due to all the rain and overcast weather …and the new generator works very well…very quite….
Campsite sunrise(c)2016Horst Kelly Photographet

I’m off and running looking for some petrographs…I’ll try to post this tomorrow …somewhere…no “G’s” on my phone…Photo uploading very slow...Horst sends

No comments:

Post a Comment