Monday, November 9, 2015

Checking in and a Wrap-up......

Its been over two weeks since I posted while in New Mexico and closed  down my Blog...A couple of events occurred  simultaneously,  though unrelated...First was SmugMug rearranging my Website....They had been telling their users that this would occur and that we could get ahead of game by making changes ourselves....I kicked the can down the road and was unable to redesign the site when on my adventure....so they did their arbitrary redesign....and of course I ready don't like it and am now looking at other options for a website...and may try Artist Websites, powered by Fine Arts America...
(c)2015HorstKelly photographer....Monument Valley Sunrise....View from my rear Window...
(c)2015Horst Kelly Photographer...Ft Davis, Tx Area.....
(c)2015Horst Kelly Photographer...Sunrise, Highway US-90, Valentine Tx 

....Second, my blog was compromised......photo/copyright infringements occurred, or at least a lack of common courtesy.  So I made the decision to "fold up my tent" close the Blog and shut down the website until I sorted all this out and looked at alternatives...Though I haven't made any firm decisions, I thought I'd write a post and explain what was happening...especially since I have received emails asking if all  was OK...Enough of that....though while I am in the middle of making changes I will probably shut down again, to insure I am not running two systems simultaneously....
(c)2015Horst Kelly Photographer...Sierra Diablo Mtns, Rt 54, North of Van Horn , Tx
(c)2015Horst Kelly Photographer...Superstitions...its always intoxicating to me.... 
(c)2015Horst Kelly Photographer...City of Rocks SP, NM

After leaving New Mexico I roamed around West Texas for a week or so and then ended up in my favorite place to unwind prior to heading home...that being Seminole Canyon.....spent two days there...it was windy 30+ MPH...did some hikes, had complete solitude.... finally hitched up and headed home to my Bride....its always nice to get home to "waiting arms"...since being back I've tried to sort and purge through the trip photos,look other Blog platforms like Wordpress, or even use Facebook as a blog ...I think I found a new Website Platform in lieu of SmugMug.  Still cleaning out the camper...and kinda vegging out.
(c)2015Horst Kelly Photographer...Bryce NP
(c)2015Horst Kelly Photographer....Bryce NP....Another Special Find for me.... 

Other than what happened during the last bit of my trip...this was the most relaxing and enjoyable one I've had....I found awesome campsites, met some terrific folks on the road and have a lifetime of magnificent memories...The odometer read about 7500 miles,  gas costs was less than previous trips, campground expenditures...about a third from other trips, only had two meals that I paid for, but ate better than other trips...and found the best boondocking sites I ever stayed at...I believe that the new Solar Panels provided me that "freedom".....and a new mindset....whatever it was...I had the time of my life....
(c)2015Horst Kelly Photographer...O'Haver Lake, Co....Majestic Sunrise,  Jumping Trout and Solitude
(c)2015Horst Kelly Photographer...Rear View campsite...City of  Rocks, NM
(c)2015Horst Kelly Photographer...Ah, Bryce again

Some observations....no longer can you assume that after Labor Day, you will be "All Alone" in the camping environment, nor can you assume that places that previously where void of most people will continue to be a "Deserted Island"......It appeared that every place I went the crowds  got larger.....and about 85 percent or more where foreigners....I have never seen as many Class C rentals as I did this year...mostly from Europe.....the folks from the Pacific usually stayed in Hotels and took tour buses...places that in past years had few people visiting where wall to wall, shoulder to shoulder this year.....I really don't think the National or State Parks can handle that volume of folks much longer, given  their current infrastructure....However, it was still the most relaxing and rewarding  Trip ....
(c)2015Horst Kelly Photographer...Del Rio Tx...
(c)2015Horst Kelly Photographer...Zion NP....

Next year I think I will do a Spring Adventure.....I would like to go back to Bryce and also do the Tetons while there is still snow "in Them There Hills".......we'll see....Bride and I  leave for Kansas City shortly and then come back just in time to string up the Christmas lights on the roof....and try not to fall and end up in a wheel chair or walker  :)....the kids are heading down this way for Christmas....
(c)2015Horst Kelly Photographer...SURPRISE.....Looking for dispersed camping...glad this was NOT night time... 

I thank all of you that took time to stop by and read the posts and especially those that left comments....until next time take care and Safe Journey!...Horst sends
(c)2015Horst Kelly Photographer..Blood Moon and Eclipse...Lake Powell, Page Az

ps...I few photo's to summarize where the Journey took me....I apologize for the lack of some crispness of the photo's. I have reduced the "file size" of the photo's for Blog Viewing....

(c)2015Horst Kelly Photographer...Last Sunrise.....

2 comments:

  1. Awesome photos, my friend. Sorry to hear about your photo hosting problems, as well as the theft/unauthorized use of your product. It's enough to take the shine off a fantastic journey. That being said, I really enjoyed following along as you visited some of our favorite places. Wishing you and the Missus a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends. Hope you have a safe journey, and for sure, be safe hanging those Christmas lights.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jerry....it was a great trip and I appreciate all the info you provided on CG's and places to see....there are some Magnificent places in this great Country....hope all is well with You, Wanda and Family...Have a terrific Thanksgiving...hope to see you Folks on the road some day soon...Take care..Horst sends

      Delete