Wednesday, September 30, 2015

I think Walt Disney or Steven Spielberg Came up with “The Hoodoo” …..I am in Awe!

Last I wrote I was in Monument Valley and leaving for Page, Az.   I stayed at a place with hook-ups as I wanted to do some cleaning of the camper, repair some stuff, etc…It worked out very well….I couldn’t find anyone to do the night slots and try to get the Blood Moon, so I ended up going to a look out with a “cast of Thousands”….It worked out well…I was able to get a spot on the ledge and thereby eliminate  anyone in front of me…it was kinda like a “Tailgate Party”..The couple next to me were a real fun couple…I couldn't have picked better ….retired, from Michigan, both enjoy photography and take it serious…but a very outgoing and humorous  folk… it was a terrific 3 hours…even with the photography being kinda dismal….what just happened to my font…oh well not to worry….
Blood Moon...Lake  Powell...(c)2015Horst Kelly Photographer
That morning I took a side trip to Vermillion Cliffs…just down the road from Page…very enjoyable…and I got to see my first “Condor”…it was on a bridge…didn’t have long telephoto…however it was an awesome sight….since I plan on going back that way, I hope to see if I can get a closer shot….
Left Page on the morning of the 28th Sept and drove the 130 or so miles to Bryce National Park area…I need to thank JerryC of Eggrolling one more time…he told me about the Red Canyon CG…run by the Forestry Service..its about 12 miles or so West of the Park…what a Gem…its treed, nice scenery..definitely has “Style Points” ..I took site 23..sits up on a hill…has enough clearing to let the Solar panels do their thing…no hook-ups, but toilets, a shower for two bucks….what more can a person ask for….and all for the old folks rate of $7.50…I am happy…

Red Canyon CG...thanks Jerry..(c)2015..Horst Kelly Photographer

Bryce is unique…it is like no other place I have been to……I was spellbound and very much in awe….there is no real way to capture it on film…it is truly one of a kind and I am glad I made the decision to come here instead of  doing the Fall Aspens in Colorado again…I sat on a stump at one of the Lookouts and my mind starting wandering back to the First Folks that came to this area….What was there first “expression” when they saw the “Hoodoos”…We ain’t in Kansas anymore Toto…..I bet some pants got wet that day!

Bryce NP...(c)2015Horst Kelly Photographer

Went to the park the afternoon I arrived and once again its is packed…..motels filled, in park CG’s all filled….what a zoo trying to get around…I don’t think the Parks Service has the infrastructure to sustain this level of activity for very many more seasons…took some shots..and back in time to grill a burger, with coleslaw, chips, enjoying it as the sun goes to rest.  This morning got up early, cleaned up and headed back to the Park…then did some touring in the area….I plan on doing a Day Trip to Zion..I an told the CG’s are all full…we’ll see how that pans out..also want to see stuff around the area here…I plan on staying here until 2 Oct.….

By CG....(c)2015Horst Kelly Photographer

No firm plans after that..probably head back to Page on the way South…would like to land at the Lost Dutchman's State Park , Az..and mess around in that area a few days…really enjoyed myself  when I was there the last time…..after  that..who knows….
Bryce NP...(c)2015Horst Kelly Photographer
I’ll take my leave now…and post few photo’s…hopefully…. and write more later..until then Happy Trails…thanks for stopping by….Horst sends

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on a very fantastic moon shot. WOW

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barney...Left Bryce today...back in Page to get provisions and leave Sunday for points South...thinking of the Lost Dutchman State Park in Az...though that's a pretty long day of travel....take care ..Horst sends

      Delete
  2. Bravo on the Moon!!!! Glad you choose the zion area too....wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.....it was a fun evening.....well its off for another "relaxing" adventure...take care and safe travels to the "South"...Horst sends

      Delete