Sunday, April 19, 2015

I'm a Free Range...So I'm Told

(c)2015Horst Kelly Photographer

I've been home for about a week...when I last posted I was in the middle of my stay at Bastrop....

(c)2015Horst Kelly Photographer


The rest of my stay was a continuation of traveling up and down  rural unpaved roads looking for some interesting scene with wildflowers....the weather kept getting worse...the winds where ready kicking up, some rain and the forecast was for storms moving in to the area within the next day or two....
(c)2015Horst Kelly Photographer
My first thought was to go back west, but the weather reports included storms cells also moving into that area...I decided that I would leave sometime Friday morning...I had 3 alternative routes, depending where the cells where and which direction they where heading...
(c)2015Horst Kelly Photographer

That evening I grilled a chicken breast, corn on the cob, salad and some French bread.....decided that I would go ahead and hitch up, in case it was raining in the AM....decided to watch folks fishing on the lake...the weekenders where arriving in mass...even with the likelihood of storms coming.  I got a neighbor that arrived early evening...from Shreveport...he and his wife where also on a "Bluebonnet Adventure"...in fact they where heading for Burnet at first light...
(c)2015Horst Kelly Photographer

Got up about 0600, no rain yet...looked at my weather app and saw a HUGE storm cell...it was south of San Antonio area heading northeast..Mmmm, if I went southwest I would sure run into the worst of it...I decide to head east and then south, in hopes that that by time I want to head west it is far enough north for me to miss the brunt of the storm...

My plan seemed to be working....I started heading south and got on l-10 heading west....I should have looked at the weather app...the rain came sideways....I found a large Gas station, pulled in over to one end and went into the camper...Three hours later I started up again for the final stretch..arrived home at a lull in the storm and unhitched...it started again about 10 minutes after unhitching....

Lovers Lane...(c)2015Horst Kelly Photography
 
The weather may have shorten my trip...but it did not "dampen" my spirit...I enjoyed my time being out and shooting  Bluebonnets....The first evening back my Bride had seen a Geico commercial and stated that it reminded her of us and my travels...so I leave you with a Utube of the commercial...which I sure you've seen.....Happy Trails....Free Range sends  :))


8 comments:

  1. Us travelling bloggers must be free range individuals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well stated....hope that you are back to having fun, and have healed from the "concrete" confrontation.. :) Take care...Horst sends

      Delete
  2. Much better to be free range than stuck in the yard. Or home. Take care my friend. Enjoyed your journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got that right!!!....and you and Wanda live that life perfectly...hope the weather hasn't hit you Folks too hard...hoping to see you down "range"...Horst sends

      Delete
  3. Free range....tickled me. Despite the 5 million plus hens that have to be destroyed in Iowa. Too bad that can't all make a run for it. Thanks for sharing your TX sights...it was great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope all is still going well with you and your new "gig"....did you get your blogging photo stuff fixed?....may the weather Gods be good to you Guys.. :)...Horst sends

      Delete
  4. Sorry you had to cut the trip short, but so glad you had time to take those pictures.

    And I'm so very glad you arrived home safely.

    Ha! Free Range Horst. Has a nice ring. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A short trip is AWAYS better than no trip.. :)) I guess you Guys are getting the same storms we are experiencing...though we can use the rain!...I'm ready to go out again..sorta like not being able to eat just one "chip". :).. Take care...Horst sends

      Delete