Friday, February 27, 2015

I'm Ready For Spring.....But Mother Nature Isn't

NEW PHOTO ALBUMS ON WEBSITE CLICK ON 2015 TRIP UPPER RIGHT(home page WS)

Not much has been going on since the beginning of the year...The old "hitchitch" keeps getting worse, yet there is still stuff to be done around here, visitors/family are still arriving...just had the Twins(from KC and Jefferson City, Mo) and their significant other visiting...Doctor appointments,  and then of course there is the weather....I know it is not as bad as most places, but its all relative...it has gotten into the 20's when one considers wind-chill, ...I was exchanging emails with Jon Vermilye of the Blog "Jon's Journey's"(Oswego, New York) and he stated they where having heat wave...21 degrees...which was the warmest its been there in weeks....as he was shoveling snow off his roof...
(c)2015Horst Kelly Photographer

Speaking of Jon....I was asking him about Solar Panels....I was doing some mindless activity the other evening and stated looking on Craigs List..... nothing in-particular .....stumbled upon a 100 watt solar suitcase unit, with controller...made by Renege...the unit is only 4 months old, but didn't meet the individuals need....asking price was very good....bottom line is I got it even cheaper and pick it up/test it next week...only down side, the person lives about two hours from here....oh well, its worth it....I've been debating for about 2 years about the utility of a 100 watt solar unit, I'll now find out if its worthwhile to have one....I do have a generator but hate using it just for laptop, phone, Bluetooth, furnace fan, etc...so maybe the solar will be a positive addition to my "Boondocking" experience.

(c)2014Horst Kelly Photographer

My newest ache and pain is Plantar Fasciitis...causes pain in the heel....bottom-line is that I now have another set of stretches I do as soon as my feet hit the ground...plus instead of walking 2+ hours, I am walking about 80 minutes and at a slower stride....oh well, at least I can still walk/exercise,  stop bitching Horst!
(c)2014Horst Kelly Photographer

I have been trying to add some photo albums to my website...though I'm not through yet, I decided to post what I have done thus far..so if you are having a really boring day, take a photo journey...starts here:    www.texasreflectionsphotography.com/-tetons-national-park

                   
(c)2014Horst Kelly Photographer


As I ponder this year's adventure(s), I keep hitting a brick wall..I have been following several blogs that are making my "adventure spirit" drool....what to do...a short trip in the next 30 is a must....before I end up in a "special white jacket" and a padded walled room.  I think I may venture west and do the Guadalupe Mts. in West Texas(before it gets too warm)...and head back East to the Hill Country for bluebonnets and stuff....maybe a 2 week outing...just to get my Bride use to me being gone...:)
Maybe a second shot trip to the Lower Alabama/Florida Panhandle area.....
(c)2014Horst Kelly Photographer

Then a 2+ month trip early/mid Fall Adventure along Rt.66...start south of Chicago and go to California...also was thinking of going East for the northeast autumn leaves...that just seems to have a short window in terms of "weather".....oh well...lets just take the first step and not worry about what happens this Fall......
(c)2014Horst Kelly Photographer


So Thats it folks....not much happening.....plan on trying a couple Day Trips soon and going to pick up my new toy next week....hopefully this weather will break soonest and Spring will jump out at us...Until next time...Safe Travels and keep making those Memories!...Horst sends



12 comments:

  1. Nice to hear from you again. I can imagine your restlessness. Only been home a little over two weeks and want to go again. As you said "the weather" :-( I also feel your pain over the plantar Fasciitis.
    Seemed to keep it when I worked all day on concrete floors. Bet you're going to love the solar rig. Almost purchased one in "Q", but didn't. My only drawback was it wouldn't power the spouse's hair dryer. Hope to see you on the road, soon....jc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like you're going on the road again...hope the weather breaks.....It looks like we'll have cold and/or rain for the next week or two....suppose to pick up solar next week, hopefully I'll get a window of opportunity as I want to test it before I lay out the money....safe travels to Alabama...Horst sends

      Delete
  2. What is with the weather in San Antonio? It is our only glitch in this weeks travel plans. Ice and sleet on Thursday??? Just when we expect to roll into town!
    Oh well!
    Just went through the Tetons slide show...twice! Loved all of them but the river with the sun lighting up the rocks really spoke to me. Keep up the fantastic work!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Weather....it ain't pretty....don't know where you are currently, but between know and Wednesday midday is best bet to get through this neck of the woods.....at least as the local weather folks are currently saying Wed. pm until sometime Thursday is cold, good chance of sleet and/or ice...snow?....Friday should be ok...if it melts....it seems up around Lubbock and east there
      is a needle you can thread....maybe...I guess if you can drive long and hard between now and noon time Wednesday you can be in East Texas and maybe stay where Jerry was at Jasper on the lake...CoE CG....I myself was going to leave Wednesday for North Texas and pickup my solar, but now looks like Thursday is a better opportunity and may stay a day or so till all is cleared...if you want to send me email, I can update ...let me know.....BTW, glad you liked the photo's...Horst sends

      Delete
    2. Lynne....report a saw a couple hours ago,,,it just keeps changing...."WINTRY MIX IS EXPECTED WEDNESDAY EVENING THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING...
      ANOTHER STRONG ARCTIC COLD FRONT WILL PUSH THROUGH SOUTH-CENTRAL TEXAS DURING THE DAY ON WEDNESDAY. TEMPERATURES WILL QUICKLY FALL BEHIND THE FRONT WITH FREEZING TEMPERATURES EXPECTED TO BEGIN TO FILTER INTO THE REGION FROM NORTH TO SOUTH BY 9 PM WEDNESDAY. BY THURSDAY MORNING THE FREEZING LINE IS EXPECTED TO BE ALONG AND NORTH OF A DEL RIO TO SAN ANTONIO TO GIDDINGS LINE. ANY PRECIPITATION THAT CONTINUES NORTH OF THE FREEZING LINE WILL FALL IN THE FORM OF A SLEET... FREEZING RAIN AND POSSIBLY SNOW MIXTURE. AREAS IN THE HILL COUNTRY AND NORTHERN I-35 CORRIDOR WILL HAVE THE BEST CHANCES OF ACCUMULATING ICE WITH IMPACTS. RESIDENTS AND ANY VISITORS OF SOUTH-CENTRAL TEXAS SHOULD KEEP UP TO DATE WITH THE FORECAST UPDATES OVER THE NEXT COUPLE OF DAYS FOR ANY CHANGES. " from local weather folks...Horst sends
      .

      Delete
  3. Crap!
    We just arrived in Texas...camping behind Camping World at exit 1. Thanks for the updates! Will be watching it closely,
    We don't do rushing very well....will probably pick a place and just hunker down to get through it.
    Thanks for your help!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynne...looking at the weather this morning, an alternative may be to go south, to Del Rio, Alice and Corpus or Rockport area...you will still run through some rain, but it will not be as intense and you will stay about the freeze line...Horst sends

      Delete
  4. Riding out on the ice line here...so glad we didn't move into MS quite yet. You'll lv lower AL...keep up those stretches, they really help.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Riding out on the ice line here...so glad we didn't move into MS quite yet. You'll lv lower AL...keep up those stretches, they really help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stretches are part of the morning routine....and it is helping....looking forward to your Northern Adventure...though the storm just left us and are heading your direction...stay safe...Horst sends

      Delete
    2. Got an ultra slow connection tonight, so can't view photos. But glad to see you making plans for more trips. We're about to wind ours down now.

      Hope warm spring weather finds you soon. :)

      Delete
    3. Need to get serious on getting out....the "hitch-itch" is turning into a major rash!!!....just wish Mother Nature would let us have some Spring instead of wind, rain, sleet and even snow in north Texas...take care and keep those posts coming...Horst sends

      Delete