Friday, July 11, 2014

Ready, Set...Regroup....

Sooo here we where getting ready to go east to Charleston, SC to see the Kids and more importantly the Grandkids....and we're thrown a "curve ball"....Brides Doctor is not being responsive to her most important  "Med"...one of those that can't be without....she doesn't have enough left to make the trip and back....First decision was that I would go solo...stay for a week, get my "fix" with the Gkids and come home...sounds like a plan....The Bride is really feeling down that she isn't going to see the kids....so I get a "rare" intelligent thought....why not bring the Gkids back here...I run all the required coordination's...everybody is delighted, especially the Grands....Sooo, I left on today, 11 July.....I wasn't sure where I would beddown the first night...depended on how I felt...I made it north of Mobile, Al....about 13 miles or so...the weather turned ugly before I got to Mississippi, plus 3 accidents, so I arrived about an hour and a half later than expected..... its now 8pm and I'm relaxing at a local Inn...have about 600 +  miles to go....below is a short clip of my first days travel...decided to take the scenic route :)


Should arrive in Charleston sometime late afternoon tomorrow and will probably leave with the Gkids on Monday.....Horst sends
Let the fun begin....


12 comments:

  1. Hot darn.....missing them boys and your travels. Bet they can pee their pants...haha. Be safe Horst!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They Boys where excited...we're on our first day on the road...all is well so far....BTW Congratulations on your first year "Fulltiming"...Horst sends

      Delete
  2. Sorry your wife couldn't make the trip but I so understand the "meds" thing. Next best thing...bring them to her!! YAY!!!! I KNOW the grands are excited about camping so all turns out well.
    You travel safe and stay off those scenic trips....speaking of pee in their pants?? I can only imagine what I would have done on that bus tour. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Bus tour is NOT something I would "volunteer" or pay for..we're on the road and all is going well so far...landed at a Comfort Inn and they're utilizing the swimming pool...life is Good...Horst sends

      Delete
  3. On the road one way or another. Great thinking. Have some fun. I'll wave as you go past me to the south.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm n the return trip....currently bedded down in Columbus, Ga...I see all is well with you and Grandson....Enjoy....Horst sends ...

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a great Plan B. Especially for the boys. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am happy all worked out and the Gkids where truly excited...it just keeps getting better...have a super week....Horst sends

      Delete
  5. Great to see you on the road again! What fun for everyone....funny how everything works the way it's suppose to work.

    Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoying even if its not with a camper ....I am glad all worked out...Life is going very well.....Horst sends

      Delete
  6. Hey! That's called making lemonade from lemons. Bet the bride can't wait for you to get back home with those grands...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and SWEET Lemonade it is!!!!...Bride seems to call every 10 minutes to see how much longer :)...Currently at Columbus, Ga, pool side...tomorrow will bed down at Ruston, La and Wednesday we hope to make a final approach to the "Homestead".......looking forward to your new adventure....Horst sends

      Delete