Sunday, July 28, 2013

Green Acres....Here We Come

The Boys have been wanting an Arcade Day since forever.....so today was that day. About 10 miles from here is a place called Green Acres...it has Miniature golf, go-karts, bumper boats, batting cages,  trampolines, paint ball arena, etc. and an arcade with every game ever invented.....The deal I made is they could chose one outdoor activity and the Arcade.....each would get a roll of quarters to turn in for tokens and when they ran out ...then we would also....that way I thought I wouldn't be nickeled and dimed to death for the next six hours....Paint ball was a non starter since the minimum age was 10...when all the negotiating between the two of them was done it ended up being
 go-karts and the arcade.....
I'll putt it through his legs

We had the same old problem...#2 Gson ...we had a game plan that we would say he was 9...so he could drive the kart himself...well they threw us a curve ball...unlike Florida that had an age limit...Texas has a height minimum....and the Boy was a couple inches short...so old Opi had to be the driver.......Again....

Ready, Set,  Goooooo...and we where off...my plan is to stay behind #1 Gson to make sure all is going well.....the only problem with that is he keeps looking back to see how close I am and if I'm going to pass....though I had told him I would not pass....sure enough...he's looking back as he's going into a tight turn and "BAM".....he hits the wall of tires, spins around and lucky for him, ends up facing the correct direction....I have a short "pit stop" talk with him and the rest of the run turns out fine.....
Opi's going to eat my dust


We're going win....

Next it was off to the Arcade..each got their 10 dollars worth of tokens and I sat and relaxed...can't understand why they don't serve "Beer".........lol.....next thing I see is #2 Gson jumping up and down and some sort of tickets spewing from the game he is playing.....seems he won a jackpot...about an hour later they run out of tokens, but have what seems like a thousand tickets....they put those in a machine and out pops a piece of paper with points....which you can use to obtain some sort of trinket....the Boys have a plan...Opi, can we come back again so we can increase our points and get better prizes...how can you refuse logic like that.....

Tomorrow is a down day...though I am going to clean and wash Ms Casita.....and do some other stuff around the house...before noon....if anything exciting happens I'll post a blog.....if not, the next adventure is Monday...
Life is GREAT

Now lets go back to first light this morning...we where all up by 0600, I'm getting ready for my walk, The Bride is brewing coffee , and the boys are using the bathroom....all of a sudden #2 Gson comes screaming across the entire length of the house, yelling Opi come look....a scorpion. Sure enough one was in the bathroom....
 Not had one in several years...but its South Texas and sometimes they sneak in when you open a door...especially if there is a drought and they are looking for water...well those "Two City Slicker Boys" are in a panic mode, especially since they read about the ferocious New Mexico/Arizona scorpions....I try to explain the difference...we see how that plays out tonight when they go to bed....I may be taking them back early..lol...Happy Trails


I won the Jackpot

2 comments:

  1. Never cared for scorpions!

    Another exciting day with the grandkids.....aren't you getting a little tired?

    Wanted to give you feedback and thanks for the Auto Zone suggestion. Stopped yesterday and their machine showed two codes, neither sounded dire....catalyst system inefficiency and/or air leak. I'm very relieved! Will get it checked at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear your truck problems are minor...I had the same problem of an "air leak".....and it never caused any problems.....I most say those 2 Gsons have more energy than an "erupting volcano"....But its been a very positive experience for me and hopefully for them...have a safe journey back home...Horst sends

      Delete