Thursday, June 27, 2013

Final Countdown

If the Plan holds,  its three days until "Liftoff"...but as usually is, the countdown may have a delay...so I may be in a holding pattern.....Everything is just about done...the new Xterra is "tow ready"...I have Ms Casita configured for two Gkids and one Opi...have tested all I can test and all systems are "go"...
Horst Kelly photographer

I have  rerouted my trip to Charleston SC...will go north from here to I-20, head east/ northeast for a couple days, then cut across to Montgomery Al and head north to Auburn Al...do some more cutting across and zig-zag south than north and end up in Charleston....plan is for 4 days travel and about 1320 miles...here I go "planning" again.... it rarely works for me....but, we'll see. The trip back to Texas will be on and off of I-10 and that will be a meandering adventure of about 2+ weeks of fun  stuff for the Gkids....

Had a Skype session with them the other evening to make plans on stuff they want to do and see...also spoke with Daughter and SIL to make sure I have authorization/documents to be able to get them medical treatment if needed, copy of their vaccinations, etc....want to make sure that if an emergency came up that we wouldn't get in a "bureaucratic quagmire". So I think we've covered all the bases and everyone is excited...This will be the first time Daughter and SIL have had this long of a break from them..I know they will miss the Kids, but another side sees them in the image of  Tom Cruise in the movie Risky Business...the scene he is dancing in his shorts across the room to the Bob Segar tune "Old time Rock an Roll"...as I'm backing out of the driveway... they are imitating that scene ...lol

So there you have it....Tomorrow and/or Saturday will be final decision time on departure or delay....Hitch-itch is at "Full throttle"... Countdown continues...

6 comments:

  1. LOVE THAT movie....perfect! You have a long haul...nice you are taking it slow over a course of four days! What a ride this is going to be...I'll be looking for posts! Way to go Papa Horst :O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am getting excited...and it appears that I won't have to postpone....Right now "O Dark 30" Sunday morning is a liftoff...hope all is well with you two...can't wait for you "Journey" to begin...Have a great weekend! Horst

      Delete
  2. It looks like I will be later than you and well north of your planned route. I have no idea at all of where I will be going when I leave Decatur Alabama. Be safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barney...I knew you were not going this soon, but I though on my return trip which is in August we may have an opportunity to share a campfire...Let me know your timeframe when you are closer to the August window...have a GREAT weekend...Horst

      Delete
  3. Horst, looking forward to your upcoming adventure. Until then, here is a Disney documentary that looks like some of our past adventures. http://youtu.be/j02HmFPpYds

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved the Disney feature...that looked like the "going to the Sun Road"....thanks for sharing...I leave tomorrow...and should arrive in Charleston on Wednesday...stay for 3 or 4 days and start the adventure with the Gkids...hope all is well with you....I'll send you a note or more along the way....take care my friend...Horst

      Delete