Friday, April 26, 2013

Fun Filled Day...and Evening


This last couple days where "none days"...the weather was too cold to do anything outside, so we just worked on the inside....today(Thursday) started off a little cool but by 0830 is turning into a GREAT day.....Bride decided to do a little more planting, and I figured I better stay out of her way, so I'm off to the KC zoo...thinking a week day and early morning should be pretty much empty except for some of my distant relatives that reside at the Zoo....

Horst Kelly Photographer

Horst Kelly Photographer
 
Got there right at opening, 0930..parking lot was pretty empty...what I didn't see where the Buses....a whole parking lot full of them...seems it was "preschool day" at the zoo....so the first order of business was either staying ahead of them or falling back...but there was no end to the back...so I took the point.....what I didn't realize is that groups split up....its not nice to fool an old fool....but it all worked out....
Horst Kelly photographer





The Zoo has three main areas, Australia, Africa, and KidZone...a lot of water, trams and sky ride...very child friendly...I started with the Polar Bear display.....great venue for kids to view...bad for photography...glass so you can view them underwater....and the part that has no glass, also has no view...oh well, the kids where enjoying it...next it was off to view one of my favorites...Tigers...I am guessing they are being housed in a temporary "run"....plus it had a high fence....again not conducive  for taking pic...then it was off to see Australia....again..neat for the children not too much for me...did get a couple of Kangaroo shoots...they roam freely in the area...then a nonstop flight to Africa...they have a great area here...larger then Australia and more open...
Horst Kelly Photographer
Horst Kelly Photographer

All in all, I had a terrific time...I think I like the San Antonio Zoo better..but that's just me..got back around 2pm...helped Bride with mulching...and time to clean up and go see Jim and Wendy Wilkerson of the Blog "Mighty Bus"(its on my side bar as one of the Blogs I visit), Jim is my BIL's younger brother...and they took a converted Bus and really tricked it out.....had a super visit...they have really done a great job.....They are rethinking about  Full timing vs. having a "Home Base"..
Jim and Wendy's Dragon Bus Conversion
... got home just in time to have Daughter and I go to a downtown Sushi Bar......Ms J. does not like fish, especially raw....so it was just us two and met up with a couple that my daughter knows....another great evening...walked around the area...its an old industrial area, now converted to lofts, pubs and music venues...definitely for the younger generation...
Pub District...Horst Kelly Photographer
Friday is suppose to rain.....guess I'll do a "virtual walk" on the treadmill....and try to stay out of every bodies way..Till next time Happy Trails


Horst Kelly Photographer

ps...Its now Friday....didn't get a chance to post this last night...

6 comments:

  1. Nice BUS!!! Stumbling all over you...hopeful your rain free so you can get that walk about outside! Wouldn't want you looking lost like that baboon :O) Hanging in here...had some lookers and hopeful they come back or start that bidding war! TGIF...ready for this 9-5 to over with today and its not even 9am :O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim and Wendy are really happy on how the paint job came out...I couldn't get a pic of the other side..its a Koi ....I like it better..if you go to their site...they have a section on the painting process and some photo's...still raining, so I have followed suite of the Baboon...hope all is going well and that there is a home sale in the VERY NEAR future ..have a great weekend...no 9-5...Horst

      Delete
  2. Love the bus. Nice pics from the zoo. I'm with the Ms on the raw fish. I've got to have lots of beer with my sushi.:-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. as I wrote to Carla...the folks love how their Bus paint job came out...the other side is a Koi, which I like better....FIL says Sushi is nothing more than "expensive bait"...and bride being a chip off the old block feels the same way...lol..have a great weekend...wherever you and Wanda are...Horst

      Delete
  3. No sushi fans here!

    My reply to your last comment on my blog....let me know if you plan to go to the Smokies and I will get more info to you.

    Keep those pictures coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and I was thinking of bringing Sushi to the next "potluck"...and JerryC could bring the "Crawfish"..haha..I'm pretty sure I'll be taking the Gkids to the Smokies..I'm starting to put together a plan ....I appreciate any infor you have...Casita folks sure are a GREAT bunch!!!! Have a terrific Sunday...we're heading back home this A.M...Horst

      Delete