Thursday, February 14, 2013

Days of Funk...

First off...Wishing all of you A Happy Valentine's Day.....

Its been a while and I haven't embarked on any great project...yet...though I see I may not be the only one in a "funk".....I have been doing stuff......its just not been with a camera in hand...I did go on a "Boondocking" Trip, testing some systems...but no Photo Ops.....However, I've decided to start doing some day trips within a 100 or so mile radius of here...there are some interesting towns with a lot of history.....I'll call it "Backroads of Texas"... as seen thru my Eyes...though I am going to have  day surgery the end of the month....and have been running around get lab. work, etc done....the only downside is no lifting for 6-8 weeks...so no camping trips

BTW...I read this story recently and felt it could be the answer to bear encounters.....





  ...I couldn't resist...The devil made me do it...my donation towards a cup of humor for today...

With that I'll leave you with some photo's of Days gone By..Till next time...Happy Trails....Horst



Horst Kelly Photography


Horst Kelly Photography


Horst Kelly Photographer



Horst Kelly Photographer




7 comments:

  1. Happy valentines day to you!

    Great to hear from you...hope your surgery goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words...hope your "funk" is on the exit mode...was going to comment to your blog, but felt my comments would be of no "value added" ....I suppose our expectations sometimes exceed reality...So I went out and bought a "O Grill" today...heha....and now all is right with the World.....take care and you Guys have a GREAT Valentines Day...Horst sends

      Delete
  2. I know about the Funk. Been there, myself. Hope everything goes well with your surgery. Loved the pics from the past.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jerry...I sure enjoyed following your Guys Trip to Quartzite..looks like a nice time was had...and wishing I was there...The Surgery should be a "non event"....and then I prepare for some Great Adventures....I suppose Funk is a part of life.....like taking a photo and finding out it wasn't in focus ...but you still remember what a great adventure it was to find and take the shot....take care and have a safe trip home...Horst sends

      Delete
  3. I'm behind on my posts to you but surgery been on my mine all week. While none of its good...hope something more on the ortho side with a clean cut heal. But get youself healed by spring's end and out in full force. As for solar ill catch you up later...work in progress but DH finally gets it says :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Horst, regarding your charging bear story. As you recall in Glacier National Park, we did not go hiking together until you disclosed that you had twisted your ankle recently. I was pretty sure at that point I could outrun you if we had a bear encounter. Just saying.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and I sucked you in....little did you know about the "Beretta"....if you recall, I even left my can of Bear Spray in your truck....remember "Age and Cunning will beat Youth and Skill every time"...and I am Older...have a GREAT weekend..Horst sends

      Delete