Thursday, January 24, 2013

Its the New Year.....But Nothing New is Happening

Its been a month since I last wrote in this journal and I have accomplish NOTHING, NADDA,  thus far ....but I've done it exceptionally well...first I got through 37 Bowl Games....I guess I haven't been paying attention over the past few decades....but 37 bowl games...when did that all start..I remember the Rose, Sugar and Cotton...ok we'll throw in the Fiesta Bowl somewhere along the way...but 37 come on...why do we have a bowl game when the 2 teams barely win over 50 percent of their games....of course one could say the same thing about March Madness....which is only a month and a couple days away...but first the Super Bowl....
Horst Kelly Photographer

Second, Why did  South Texas have weather that is worse than International Falls....for weeks on end...its bad enough that I can't take Ms Casita out on an adventure...but to have to endure this weather... this just isn't right. My "outdoor" cat not only wanted to claim a corner of the garage...but insisted I get a ceramic heater and place it next to his new "indoor" bed..and speaking of the "Cat"...why am I setting up Gofer traps...he's the one that is suppose to keep the gofer population in check...
La Vernia Tractor Races



Then I read these
 Blogs and everyone is packing up and heading out....numerous Casita's going to Quartzsite....yes Jerry, I talking about you....and I can't  go anywhere until at least late March...its just not fair...but I'm not "Whining"....ok, I am!....I need a diversion... I'll close for now and hopefully will come up with a full-flegded major project that will keep me busy, and out of trouble....as soon as I know what it is, I'll let this Blogging Gang know...until then... Happy Trails...

BTW Jerry... Caverns of Sonora...not that far west of Junction, Tx....Great place....

Horst Kelly Photographer

13 comments:

  1. Well gheez, thanks for checking in at least :O) Nice of you to keep the kitty warm...good luck with gophers. Once my hubbie took the cooler, lawn chair and a pitch fork and waited on one...he won too!

    So I had to Google your tip to Jerry on the cavern...I'm not a fan of underground but it came up with tour you could do within Google map...pretty cool! https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=ll

    Now go find something to keep you busy....want to come help my hubbie put together solar on our traveling buggy?!! :O)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gophers...I had the incorrect spelling not once..but twice....woe is me...if I don't succeed with my traps, I WILL try the pitchfork, lawn chair,and Shiner beer method!!!. Sonora Caverns doesn't seem that much "underground" confined...until you hike out...I would enjoy helping your "Hubby"...but I need to be honest...if I can't fix or build something with duck tape, wires, glue, or a hatchet..them I'm not fixing it and will let the experts do it...I do want to get Solar...I think another trip to Larry Gamble is in my near future....are you guys going with the "Suitcase" Solar panels???

      Well..enough of this...I need to get a project before I decide "Counseling" is my way out of this "funk"...Happy Trails..Horst

      Delete
    2. He thought about the suitcase....now thinking might try to latch on the "new" topper. New as in not sure he's ready to drill a hole in it. Suitcase takes up more of my storage space - ughhhhhh Then a few have put on the Casita...not sure we want to go that route. Such decisions, making me crazy! Love a couple of golf cart batteries :O) Who is Larry Gamble?

      Oh no....no counseling. Go try a new recipe :O)

      Delete
    3. Larry gamble is the casita Modification wizard...here is his website http://www.LittleHouseCustoms.com/ He owns a Casita, goes to numerous rallies and has a place in the north East of Texas...probably 20+ acres and a building that matches a Amazon Distribution Center...he is amazing...I took my Casita up there for a couple days and got to camp there while he was doing the Mods....Bottom line, he is an expert, loves what he does, and most important is part of the "Casita Family"...you can't go wrong with workmanship....

      Now for the Solar...go to Rob Rupp's website...he did the "portable(suitcase) solar units..and is very happy with it....anywhere from 90-130 watts...and I think the Guy gives the Casita members a discount...Eileen(Arizona) has some info on him also...I am going to look into the option...using "lithium batteries"...if its not too cost restrictive.
      Ok.I think I will tackle my mothers German cucumber salad...instead of counseling!!!..Have a GREAT weekend..Horst

      Delete
    4. We have purchaed some mods from Larry...DH must check him out more as sounds like he is the guy. Had seen Rob's hookup...I don't want to give up the space to haul in the truck...but might be our only choice. I wish DH would attach to trailer or truck...we'll see. He says he is finally beginning to understand the whole process. Hummmmm
      CUKE salad...sounds delicious.

      Delete
  2. Adding 100 watts of solar, an AGM battery and selling the generator might be a great project. Get that weight off the back of the Casita. AMSOLAR has free shipping right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right on target Barney...I just don't have the technical knowledge to complete the task....nor the patience to learn how to do it....but then you are well aware of that...I will figure something out...and I will get solar......I'm following your Blog..keep safe and have fun...Horst

      Delete
  3. "BTW Jerry... Caverns of Sonora...not that far west of Junction, Tx....Great place...."

    Got it bookmarked. Will definitely stop there if the timing is right. You might as well meet us somewhere on I-10 and make the journey with us. Would love to share it with you..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could join you two...so close yet so far away..haha...got some out of state obligations that will keep me busy for a while... oh well...that's why the Lord created "Tomorrows"...I'm guessing. Have a safe journey, share lots of those GREAT photo's you take and enjoy yourselves!!!...Horst

      Delete
  4. Good luck with finding some projects to.keep you busy. I love your photos!
    Why dont you just post some old ones occasionally?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your continued positive comments on my photo's...I think I will post some of my favorites that I took in the past...I've just about figured out a project that includes travel and photography...have a great weekend...and keep meandering to those great locations...and photo's..Horst

      Delete

  5. Horst,
    Just stopping by to say, HI and of course get my " the best of the best " photo fix !!!!
    Always good to take a break and relax .....gives time for dreaming ..... I also think it helps make for future road trips that are cherished ....... Thanks always for sharing and for making the photos so easy to view ....... THE BEST and sooooooo much fun to enjoy !!!!!! Hope you and "your Bride" have a very HAPPY HEARTS DAY !!!!! SallyB

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sally.....hope all is going well with you....and that you're not getting any of that bad weather....I'm sitting around trying to figure out what I want to do to keep myself sane before my next adventure....Have a Great week...Horst

      Delete