Tuesday, October 9, 2012

On the Road Again....SIL Getting Promoted...Navy

So you thought I would be home cutting grass, Trimming Trees, Waxing the Casita...or judging  Brisket/Rib events(the devil made me say that Jerry..haha)...none of those...I'm on the road again...off to Charleston, South Carolina....my SIL is getting promoted to Lt. Commander in the Navy and asked me to do the pinning on....I am really proud of his accomplisments...though there is a  inter service rivally...me being Air Foce Blue.....I have told him more than once that his career didn't take off until he married my daughter and the "Air Force culture" rubbed off on him..haha...all good natured fun..... his present assignment is a joint tour and his immediate Boss is an Air Force Member.....life is Soooo good for this old father-in-law..
Horst Kelly Photographer


So I began my trip this morning(10/8) at 0700...no I didn't take the Casita...just the lonely old mule(Xterra) and me....drove to Ocean Springs, Ms...600+ miles...not the same 200-250 miles at 55mph when pulling the wagon, which by the way is a lot more relaxing then going down the interstate at 75mph...the area is having some sort of car rally, motel prices are sky high...105 bucks to be exact..and that's with a discount....why didn't I take the casita and boondock at a Cracker Barrel ....tomorrow I plan on stopping at Jacksonville, Florida...though I could make it to Charleston..I told my daughter I'd be there Wednesday ..so I'll make it a short day....

Horst Kelly Photographer


Since I didn't take any photo's today, I post some old ones...Happy Trails...I-10 heading east









2 comments:

  1. Hello Horst!

    Have a safe trip. You have to be really proud of that son-in-law quite an accomplishment. I bet you are missing that Casita in tow this trip. Looking forward to your pictures.
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rob....I'm guess your Flint Hills Event gets into full swing today...sure wish I was there...tell everyone hi....I am extremely proud of my SIL...and yes I wish I had the Casita...this motel living sucks.....take photo's and share...Horst

    ReplyDelete