Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I-10 to the Atlantic Ocean…North on I-95

One minute I was in a deep sleep, the next I jumped out of bed thinking I had overslept…and thought I was home….for a “Nano” second I had no clue where I was….now that was a comforting experience….. it was only 0400, but I now was wide awake….lets see what's on the tube at this time in the morning….Wow…..if this a reflection of our country, we’re in trouble…..I thought the recent surge of “reality shows” was going to me be the demise of this country…but I now believe its the early morning “infomercial's”….its Iran's secret weapon against the West…not Nuclear Reactors .. Below is a photo of a Navy Blue Angles jet at the Florida Welcome Center…..
DSC_0089
So I clean up and load the car and at 0700 I’m on the road, heading East on I-10…..lose an hour and around early afternoon hit Jacksonville Florida…..gas is closing in on $3.80…wow…I take I-295 north…get on I-95 for about 20 miles and exit at Kingsland Ga…a great town and close to numerous places like Okefenokee National Wildlife Refuge, St Mary's, Jekyll Island, etc…in the Spring of 2010, I took my first extended trip in the Casita and this is one of the places I stopped for 3 days…the area has wildlife, History, The early 1900’s “Rich and Famous” summer homes, etc…a definite stop on a trip in this area…though to me it’s a lot more rewarding doing it in a camper…

DSC_0324
Tomorrow will be a short drive to Charleston…a little over 200 miles…will keep you posted and hopefully share some photo’s…especially with the Grandkids…..Happy Trails…Horst sends
DSC_0596

1 comment:

  1. Your moving right along....family time is almost here! ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete