Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Gallup NM it was....

I really hated to leave Goose Island BLM CG...but The Homesteading Act has long passed me by....Got up about 0430 to get myself organized and also wanted to try and change out the Tongue Jack...at 0600 I started that process...thought I would try something new and read the instructions..a novel concept for me....I try and remember that the USA gave the Chinese the instructions and China then rewrote it into chinese so that their employees could grasp what to do...when finished the Chinese then took those instructions, got a first year English Major to translate it back to English....I'm thinking that something is lost in this process...and therefore take the instructions with a gain of salt....my conclusion is don't mess with this until you get to civilization...the jack was working better...no "BB" bearings where falling out...so Tim as in Allen....leave well enough alone, and I did....was all set to go by 0715, took one my last pic of the campsite and rolled down the road.....
The Colorado River, The Cliffs and the Casita...Heaven it is..

The trip was uneventful...I debated as to going to Monument Valley, Canyon de Chelly and Mexican hat...but knew I needed to head South for a bit longer...so at about 1500 hours I rolled into Gallup NM...and the USA RV Park...29.00 a nite with hookups.......doesn't have the "Wow Factor"...but had a BBQ Dinner and Ice Cream Social...whichI didn't participate in, but was a nice touch...even had a CW band....

Pulled in, didn't unhitch, got my towel, soap, etc and headed for a Loooooooooong shower...boy did that feel good......relaxed and started my mini grill and going to have the other Monster Hamburger I got at Moah....life is good...tomorrow I think its to Truth or Consequences...we'll see...Thanks for stopping by...Horst sends

No comments:

Post a Comment