Friday, August 31, 2012

Two Bear Cubs Flocking in a Tree...Beats watching all the Conventions

Tetons Sunset...Horst Kelly Photographer
Not much to report in the last 24 hours...except that I'm having the time of my life exploring the area and not being able to tie it in a neat package and put a bow around it.....it is truly an amazing place with a personality personal to the "Tetons"...and I suppose thats what makes this trip so special....each place has had the same impact on me....

The fire up north at Moran is playing havic on photography as the wind has shifted as is now blowing toward the west and the haze here makes L.A. look like a crisp environment...plus there is also cloud cover with a 40% chance of rain...I was going to extend a day, but with the weather I think I will leave tomorrow and head down Rt. 191...destination for Saturday is Vernal Utah...we'll see how well that works.....

Today I got up early to try and get the ironic Morman Barn....when I was driving to it it appeared that I had hit the jackpot for photo ops...some high cloud cover over ther Tetons...which will be neat in that early morning light..well it was not to be...but I got a number of shots and here is one...no enhancement as my notebook has enough struggles just tying to download them from my memory card....My understanding is that there usually is a cast of thousands trying to get the perfect "barn Shot", but today only three of us....
Morman Iconic Barn...Horst Kelly Photographer


Next I went looking for Elk and/or Moose...I found neither, but to my surprise and delight I found 2  bear cubs in a tree...though it was difficult to get a good shot of them...I did manage a couple..but the memory of that experience is there forever, and what a memory it is to see to wild baby bears playing with eachother in the trees!!!
Horst Kelly photographer


I'll try to get another series of sunset shots, also going to gas up, run the genny to charge all my stuff, may try some early morning photo ops and leave about 0830.....Have a GREAT weekend and hug your favorite bear...Horst sends

8 comments:

  1. Really love your pics and commentary. You should stay up there till the snow flies. Safe travels. JC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to stay another month, but I have some obligations with the kids...and Janet has been overly generous..haha...thanks on the photo's....take care and safe travels..Horst

      Delete
  2. Super photos !!!!! Enjoying your travels...... Such a wonderful trip..... The cub photo is priceless.... Have fun, be safe .... Sally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Appreicate you joining the adventure and your positive comments..take care....Horst

      Delete
  3. just catching up on your travel-logue from the last few days. Your narrative and the wonderful photos make us feel like we're right there with you! Thanks for taking the time to share the stunning views! Be safe, and continued happy trails!
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melanie for looking in...great talking to you the other day...later Horst

      Delete
  4. Great shots, Horst.

    You have some calender covers there.

    Rob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rob...where are you...my internet and cell has been somewhat sparse....will try and look at your site soonest and also call...take care my friend...Horst

      Delete