Sunday, August 19, 2012

Travel Day...to Fish Creek CG..West Glacier

This will be a short post today as it was a travel day...did get up around 0430...wanted to see if I could catch one last photo or two....It has been a great stay and the time went by way to fast...but I guess that means there will be a next time....got back round 0730...hitched up...had one last cup of coffee sitting at the picnic table...saying good-bye to St. Mary's...and my favorite early morning high...Goose Island....
One last photo East Glacier....Horst Kelly Photographer


Drove to Browning, filled the tank and headed west on Rt. 2....by 1130 hours I was pulling into West Glacier..and by 1230 had set up at Fish Creek CG, next to Lake mcDonald....called my Sweetie to let her know I arrived safely and that I was going to scout around.....BTW, this campground is way better then the one at St Mary's...its in the middle of a pine forest.....the temp is way lower and very relaxing..same amenities as St Mary's...no electric, do have generator time, and a token shower system...and for the AARPS its $11.50 per day....

The drive down here from Browning was a very pleasant and  scenic adventure...wanted to pull over several times but didn't have room.....crossed the Continental Divide...about 5000+change... feet...the marker was on the other side of the road...so had to pass it by...kinda like my luck with gas stations.always on the other side when you need one!!!!
Ok...another Last Photo...Horst Kelly Photographer


Now for a little clarification...one of my Buds called about yesterdays "Bear" post...concerned about how close I was...I was about 70 to 100 feet away...I did not feel an immediate threat unless of course it was a mommy and I was between her and her young'un, which I was pretty sure I wasn't...I guess if it had woken up  having a bad hair day...I could have become its "outlet"...my main concern was not to be stupid enough to take a photo and for some reason have my "flash" go off and spook the bear.....just wanted to clarify that I wasn't arms length away...

Until the next post..Happy Trails....hoping to read some Blogs and find out where everybody is at!!!!.Happy Trails...Horst
AH..sweet memory...Living well is my Perfect Cure
That's All Friends....


No comments:

Post a Comment