Monday, August 27, 2012

"Knock, Knock, Knocking on Heavens Door"....Tetons

Forest Fire Tetons ...Horst KellY photographer
I had decided not to hitch up until this morning, as there was no rush....and then it started raining...but the Rain Gods where with me and it stopped about 0430....made coffee and sat outside to watch the sun come over the Yellowstone horizon...no photo ops...but a serene start to what will be a truly wondrous day of traveling....took my time hitching the mare to the wagon..and strolled out of the campground about 0800...
One last shot of Yellowstone..Horst Kelly Photographer

I took the  shortest route to the Tetons going through Yellowstone on Rt 191 south....I asked about any "Passes" and the attendent informed me that there where two....pulled the team over and spoke to the Xterra...in a kind and gentle manner...not to stress and to tell me if she needs to pull over....all went well...one pass was  about 8800 feet the other 8400 feet...a far cry from Wolf Creek in Colorado.....went through 3  Continental Divides...thats a record for one day....and then down to the Tetons....
View from my Lunch Diner seat..Horst Kelly Photographer
.

I was in awe...hence my title...I truly felt I was knocking on Heavens Door.....I got to Colter's CG..set up..though I had a slight hiccup...but all is well... I hope...its a pull through site...genny can run from 8 to 8..they do have a shower in the Visitors Center and water and a pit toilet about 50 feet away....its in a middle of a forest, tall pines...picnic table, and firepit....I am one Lucky Person...

I decided to to do some scouting for photo ops...seems the best time for most things is early morning....I stopped at the Jackson Lake Lodge....WOW...when you walk into the lobby...the view of the Tetons...they have  windows about 2 stories high with the lake and the mountains as your backdrop...
Horst Kelly Photgrapher


Decided to have lunch at one of the numerous "grill joints"...asked for a window seat right at the base of the Lake....what do you think??
After lunch drove around, came back...had a brat and local beer for dinner and now will try yo post and watch the sun set....Thanks for stopping by...Horst sends



No comments:

Post a Comment