Thursday, August 16, 2012

Goose Island and Two medicine...and the World is Alright



It’s the evening of the 15th.....since my last post not much has happened...it continued to rain or have a heavy overcast...I decided to go to the “Two Sisters” café, Pub and or Restaurant...The two sisters where no where to be found....the place was filled up...a very selective menu to include the lunch special of Brook trout and rice pilaf....$15.95.....I chose the two sisters burger with all the fix ins and extra crispy fries...it was very tasty...or and a micro brew...of course....which made the event just about perfect....ok one more brew and it was the perfect lunch....
Horst kelly Photographer

Came back, did some house maintenance and then wen looking for photo ops....still overcast...took a few pics....and found out I have “select berries” right outside my camper...good to eat, do have seeds but nothing major...they look like blue berries.....got myself a bowl full and will have them with my cereal...got ou the artic sleeping bag as it is suppose to get down in the 30’s tonight.....though I can run the propane heater, I’m going to test how comfy this Casita stays......
Woke up around 0500...its 41 degrees...kicked on the stove top to heat some coffee and the temp. jumped right up there....got cleaned up and was on my way to catch some morning light...first stop, Goose Island which is only a short distance from the campground...it was a bit nippy out...maybe a should have stashed away some brandy....its what we do on the golf course......so it must be ok for hiking...heha!.....when I got to the location there where already 3 other photographers at the site...we all set up our location and what a great palette of colors covered Mother Natures Canvas.....I’m coming back tomorrow and hope to get it right.....
Next stop the Many Glacier area...or so I thought...I drove around for more than an hour and the fog was so thick, you couldn’t capture a beached whale if it was at you feet....option 2 ..the Two Medicine area....I took Rt 49.....I’m here to tell you that route is not for the timid if you driving TO Two Medicine area.....there are no guard rails and there are some drops that could have been used in the final scene of the movie “Thelma and Louise”.....I continue to challenge my fear of heights, and I don’t think I’m winning.....yup another occasion for Brandy......but the views are second to none...and the icing on the cake is when you make it to the bottom and witness what's in front of you.....here is a photo...it doesn’t do it justice...but I think you can get an idea of its magnificence and grandeur...... it’s a place like this when I ask myself...why do people feel the need to go Overseas.....you can’t duplicate this anywhere...not even the Alps...I know...I spent my early childhood there......
Two medicine..Horst kelly photographer

From there I left and was preparing myself for the return trip and somehow I took a wrong turn and was meandering my way on a level road to East Glacier Park.....and what do I see...a golf course.....my, my, my.....they must sell Brandy there....anyway I continue on to Browning...find a Radio Shack and pick up some memory cards.....head back to the campground and am ready to use the wok and call my lovely bride......I think I’ll start a campfire this evening have a Irish Red (beer)....and make believe it’s a Brandy...till tomorrow....Cheers Horst

No comments:

Post a Comment