Monday, August 6, 2012

A Really, Really, Really ...yes, Really Pleasant Day

Only one photo due to slow Internet...woe is me..

Got up this morning about 0500...made some coffee and headed back to the Battlefield...only to discover that it doen't open 'till 0800...I should have known that...having worked for Uncle Sam all those years...I decided I was not going to do another drive back..... got back to Hardin...cleaned up, hitched up...cleaned up again....I will learn the sequence of doing stuff sooner or later....and by 0715 I was departing for a new adventure...and Bozeman, Mt...was the goal...population about 30 something thousand....I believe 4th largest city in  Montana......what a great  drive...the elevation was steadily increasing, but nothing that the Xterrra couldn't handle...though at times she asked to go to 3rd gear.... The Landscape was one of great rolling hills...."great" means vastness...is that a word....the only down side was the haze...which in reality was smoke from fires....so my photo ops was at zero...but my kodacrome memory is forever captured in my mind...
I got to my site around noon...set up and went to explore the town...what a great town it is....a mix of  genuine cow pokes and on the other side of the pendulum he "Yuppy Crowd"....but it appeared the contrast worked....came back...and what do I see next to Ms Casita....another Casita..a 2003 model...the couple are from Michigan, and spend half of there time traveling around the country...then a person comes over and is interested in Casita's...he from the Quebec region of Canada...had a great visit...and as the sun started to set I decided it was time for some sunset shots.....tomorrow I hope to do a day trip to Yellowstone...details to follow...
Sunset from my rear window...Horst Kelly photographer



No comments:

Post a Comment