Friday, August 24, 2012

A New Friendship is Made

Behind but not due to lack of adventures...as I recall when I last left the Blogging community I was in West Glacier about ready to head south to Seeley Lake area..but Rob called saying he just arrived at East Glacier and wanted to know if there was anyway to share a campfire for an evening....to me that's what these trips are all about...no direction, no cemented destination, no expectations...I think Jerry and Wanda do that best...so I told Rob I'd be there before noon the next day and hopefully I'd get a site at St. Mary's CG.....
Rob and Horst...the original "Grumpy Old Men"...haha


I did arrive before noon and not only did they have some sites available...but they had a site right next to his...see what happens when you don't make plans.....no expectations...just rewards....what a life.... I unhitched...and for the next hour or two introduced ourselves and what do you know...we have a like background in the field of Aerospace...then of course our interests in photography, nature and this Great Country.....I needed to go to town and get some petrol for the Genny... he needed to eat lunch...got back and off we went...since he had been here before, and he had decided I could be a trusted agent, Rob showed me some of his secret places  for photography and enjoying nature....

We ended up at Logans Pass...the wind must have been kicking up at 40+ miles an hour aand the temps where turning cool...we started to climb...at one point we stopped to look at the magnifient view and Rob put in a GRAND Nutshell...he said, I don't go to church all the time but being out here is my place of  place to  interact with my Maker ...this is when I truly feel close to Him.....well said Rob....
One of Rob's spots....Horst Kelly Photography



Now for the "Ugly" news..about 3/4's of the way up my ankle started giving me fits again...and I had been putting ice on it, taking advil, and wrapping it up..this morning before leaving, the ankle felt good and I decided all was well...no more ice, wraps or advil.....call me stupid....so I made the decision to go back down...I told Rob he needed to go up and find his "Goats"....and the day ended great....I now will go back to ice, advil and wrapping...

The day went by too quick..but it was quality time and a new friendship was hatched....
Horst Kelly Photographer


This morning I got up around 0600, had my coffee, hitched up and Rob and I said our goodbyes ..until next time....and there will surly be one..
This morning from campsite...Horst Kelly..Photographer


Decided to drive to Helena...it was very windy and raining on and off....tomorrow my destination is Yellowstone...will try it one more time... then off to the Tetons.....until next time...thanks for stopping by...Horst



No comments:

Post a Comment