Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Independence Day.....Enjoy and Reflect

Just added a bit on how the basket is held onto the Casita...4 bolts to frame...inquiring minds wanted to know.....
Its the 4th of July...a warm, muggy day in South Texas......but as I watch the weather in other parts of the country,  I would have to say we are blessed with the weather we have......Just going to relax today...no fireworks/displays in our immediate area due to the continued drought....I plan on doing some BBQing later today...Got the camper washed and waxed yesterday.....still need to get the tires....But the big news is that we completed the rack(Bolted the angle irons to the frame...4 bolts)to carry the Boliy generator, and I did buy the Boliy....still have to put some support cross members on the basket, though my Bud 220lbs and myself 170lbs got on the basket....jumped up and down...and to our amazement and delight, the basket nor support beams( angle irons)) moved...not even an inch....I am still somewhat leery about this...I'm going to take it out for some off road testing within the week and see how it stands up to dips and potholes, etc....
Sooo without further ado...some photo's for your critique and comments...and advice...
From Cell Phone



The Boliy was run through the wickets and so far exceeds all my expectations....more than enough power, quite as advertised and for 3600 watts it weighs in at about half (70lbs) as the Honda 3000...and the price was also alot cheaper....will it hold up...only time will tell....but for what I paid for it...I won't complain....here's a photo...
Boliy 3600 electric start
So the countdown continues....and it's getting closer to "liftoff time".....Only health issues and forest fires in the Region will keep me from taking this Journey....Hi Ho Silver...Away....


I'm finally getting a grasp of the Route I'm going to take North.....Right now I'm leaning toward Rt 83, which takes me through Texas, a small part of Oklahoma, West Kansas, Nebraska...South Dakota which gets me to the Badlands National Park..if you look at this route, it appears pretty desolate...I did find some free city parks campgrounds....and once I get to
 Nebraska I'm home free....not sure yet how many different places I'll stay at in the Badlands area...I want to do Mt. Rushmore, Crazy Horse Memorial, Buffalo Gap Grasslands, Custer State park, and other points of interest.....and as an added photo ops moment...guess  what will be Happening in and around Sturgis between end of July-12 August......yup...100000 or so of my closest "Biker Friends"...that ought to make things interesting...I do have to be at Glacier by the 14th of August....Well more to Follow....keep tuned...thanks for stopping by....time to start the "Barbie"
HAPPY 4th of JULY..... please keep our troops in our thoughts and prayers...

Horst Kelly photographer

No comments:

Post a Comment