Sunday, April 8, 2012

HAPPY EASTER...early Sunrise ....and a Countdown

Woke up around 0500...made my coffee....looked at the weather for Lawton, Oklahoma and made a decision not to go....rain the next several days with strong possibilities of severe weather Thursday and Friday...it is Spring and I'm within walking distance to Tornado Alley.....so its off to the Giddings area.....east of Austin....about 120 miles from here as the crow flies.....plan on leaving no later then 0830 tomorrow...get there around noon..

This morning it appears a sunrise shot over the Lake is possible...so I drive about 5 miles south to a boat ramp area...and set up...the lake has really receded but still a nice view..
Horst Kelly Photographer
When I got back to the camp site, sitting outside in my chair, I started to put my juice in the chair cup holder and what do you think....oh my, the Easter Bunny had come and left me a real decorated egg....and next to the water facet there was another one..... Easter Bunny comes to an Rv Park...what a novel idea....when I saw the owners, a 30 something couple, I ask them to thank the Bunny...they said they do this every year....There is hope for our Country with young folks with that kind of attitude and value system...

Spent the morning cleaning the camper....which took all of 30 minutes...started running water to fill up the grey/black tanks.....will empty tomorrow bright and early......will hitch up this evening...and yes I am going to use my "WOK" this evening...more to come on the meal.....Numerous people came in yesterday...not in any RV's...either got one of the 3 cabins or  one of the permanent trailers...the way they are setting up, it appears its their summer place...need to get nosey and ask the question....
Horst Kelly Photographer


Its 745pm and I lied again....I have already emptied the tanks, hitched up, got gas....and I did Not, I repeat did not make Chinese...I had soup and egg(from the bunny) sandwich...and it was good....OK.. I'm ready to head out for my next adventure...destination is Carmine, Texas, and the Dixieland Retreat and RV Park....grass sites, pull thru's,  full hookups, 2 ponds....stocked with fish...Jerry, I still may get a chance at catching "Moby Dick"..the great  Texas Bass.....ha ha.....
I enjoyed my time here, accomplished way more then I had originally planned to, met a lot of nice folks, made numerous friends....and have oh so many super memories for years to come...I am Blessed.....thanks for stopping by...Happy Easter...Happy Trails.....until tomorrow...Horst sends
10AM Beer....... Horst Kelly Photographer




No comments:

Post a Comment