Monday, April 9, 2012

Carmine..population 280...Dixieland RV Park...and Lots of History

All good things must end.....NOT....just other "stuff" to experience.. aka....another adventure/journey...I was ready to roll by 0600 this morning...but stayed around 'till the "Rooster" woke the Beachcomber residents...and I could say my "Good Byes".....it was a magnificent  time, in terms of the people I met; the Mother Load of Blue Bonnets I got on film; and the laid back life style I experienced......and now it's off for another journey....not the one I had originally planned..but I think a adventure that will produce just as many smiles...
Got on US29 going east...for the better part of 80 miles...then at Georgetown...Texas, not Washington DC..I got on toll Rd. Tx 130 heading south... managed to find US 290 going east for another "so many" miles and arrived in Carmine Texas...population 280 give or take a few....two roads in and out...my destination was the Dixieland RV Park....its country...its grass with two ponds....it has full hook ups....a clean bath house....friendly folks... and the price is right...takes Passport  America for 2 nights...very quite.....I am Happy....feels like I'm Boon docking....
I did a little tour of the area and the blue bonnets are all but gone...But.....not to worry, this area is a treasure trove for all things old, history and Texan.....I am going to turn into "Thomoos the Tour Guide"......have you heard of Bill Longley...made a TV series about him in 1958..Rory Calhoun starred...more to follow... tomorrow...also has the 41st President....The Bush Presidential Library and Museum....;a cotton gin and museum; Heritage Home Tours Living History Farm...and the list just keeps on going....so I'm going to stay here at least until Friday....stay with me and I'll be your "Virtual Tour Guide" for the next few days...to include photo's....and a virtual complementary glass of wine ...or south Texas ice tea....and maybe a virtual slice or two of smoked bisket.....3 of the top 5 bisket places are in this area.......Happy Trails...Horst ends

No comments:

Post a Comment