Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Beachcomber Park...and Blue Bonnets....

A great day for driving...overcast, not to warm....good for the tires and engine(no AC needed )...left around 0835...last minute hugs and instructions from my better half...traffic was not bad until I got off of 1604 loop and onto 281 north.....you'd think it was last minute shopping for Christmas....what a zoo..at least there where no accidents...forecast was for rain...but that didn't happen.....the further north I traveled the more prevelent the bluebonnets and other wild flowers...the towns rolled by...Bulverde, Spring Branch, Blanco, Johnson City(birth place of LBJ)...which is a great day trip....historic town, and down the road is the Texas White House...nice guided tour or self guided...a short drive to Frederickburg...another great town....main street is a super walk...antique shops, restaurants(mainly German), the Admiral Nimitz Museum, WW11 park, and much more....ok, back on 281, next town is Round Mountain, then Marble Falls, which is a nice surprise.....the Hamlets of Sudduth and Demarco....Burnet is next....which is a place to stop and walk the historic section...take a left on TX rd 29 for about 14 miles and head north on Co. Rd 261 for abourt 7 miles and you get to Beachcomber RV Park...nothing to write home about...but it has the qualities that I like...down home rustic, quite, and with Passport America $15.00 per night...no limit...oh did I mention...very friendly.....
Horst Kelly Photographer
Got a pull through site, grass...but level, trees for shade....after setting up my bride calls to inform e that the weather channel has tornado warnings/watches all around the area.....as I look to the sky I see only "blue"....I insure her all is well, but that I will find a brick structure for a safe haven......I decide to explore a little and begin my adventure traveling north on CR 261..the road skirts Lake Buchanan to the east and to my west is nothing but farm/cattle ranches...oh, and bluebonnets...after about 20 miles I head south, get back on TxRd 29 and head into Llano...the blue bonnets are everywhere...only problem is the light is really harsh....but I now have a start for tomorrow....did stop and take a couple road side photo's...what a great drive...this IS "Gods Country".....heehaw.......
Horst Kelly photographer
Got back to camp around 1730....and made a sandwitch....so no Chinese this evening...good old American Ham and Cheese....think I'll go out and watch the sun set and snack on some pretzels...I am enjoying this trip....and my Casita......and Texas...until tomorrow....Happy Trails to all...Horst sends......


Horst Kelly Photographer





No comments:

Post a Comment