Friday, September 23, 2011

First day on my Fall Adventure...points west

My first post on the road.....I'll keep it short....I got the old grey mare hitched to the wagon about 0900 yesterday morning, got propane and headed north towards Abilene...Some great small towns on the way Junction, Menard, Eden, Winters,  Buffalo Gap......and about 280 miles later I rolled into Abilene State Park...probably 20 or so miles south of Abilene, Tx.....What a great and secluded park....all sites are back in, 30 and 50 amps, water and a dump station....the sites are treed and you far apart...cost 12/18 dollars...Numerous deer that are not the least bit timid....


I arrived close to 4pm...got set up and walked around a bit...made myself a salad and tuna sandwich for dinner.....and called it a night pretty early.......woke up with a mean pain in my small toe....can't figure out what I did to it.....woe is me....BTW, I have Verizon with a unlimed data plan and got good reception...I did purchase a Wilson Sleek bosster(cradle) which does help alot....


Soooo, today I'm off to Palo Duro Canyon, close to 260 miles away, will stay there a couple of days, enough time to see, and hike the Canyon, and hopefully get some Photo's...still need to learn how to down load them to this blog thing....oh bother...Have a GREAT day...and if its going lousy, just have a "do over", and start again.....Later

No comments:

Post a Comment